So much has been going on over the past week. And so much is coming up. Let’s get to it!
- 4th Friday Artwalk tonight at the Ian Russell Gallery: That’s right, it’s 4th Friday Artwalk again. You know, I kept forgetting all week. I’ve got a few new prints out, Ian’s showing of his latest originals is still going on, and we’ll be in the gallery late tonight. If you’re in the area, stop on by!
- Coyote Buttes trip is fast approaching: Months ago I put in for permits to Coyote Buttes. I ended up landing permits for September 26th. So, the trip will run from the 25th to the 28th. The 25th we will visit Yellow Rock in Utah. 26th, South Coyote Buttes. 27th, White Pocket if the truck will get us there. And on the return leg of the trip we might stop at Water Holes Canyon on the 28th.
- Pyro-Klectic is hitting the road: There won’t be any further fire dancer shoots for a few weeks. Pyro-Klectic is heading out to this year’s Burning Man. If you’re attending Burning Man, check them out. Talent from Prescott! 🙂
- Snow Leopard is hitting the stores today! That’s right, Mac users, today is the day. I’ve got to head out and get the family licensing pack. 4 systems to upgrade! I’ll be installing it on my laptop first, and provided it works well over the next week it will end up on my other systems.
- I’ve picked a new favorite photo…… From my shoot on Route 66 last week I found another photo that I completely enjoy. What does that mean? It means that image will never be sold in the gallery. Not because I won’t print it, but because I like it so much. Isn’t that the way it works???
- The Gallery’s One Year Anniversary is coming up: Ah, this is a tough subject. See, my permits for Coyote Buttes are on the weekend of the celebration. September 25th will be the start of the 1 year celebration. Our actual “grand opening” date was October 18th, but the “big day” will be September’s 4th Friday. I’ll be out shooting that night, so be sure to stop in, say hi to Ian, and buy a bunch of art from the gallery! 🙂 Gotta say, I’ve made it one year, wow! I look forward to growing the business further in the next year.
Well, that’s it for the time being. I’ve got to get ready for a long day. Shower, shave, shampoo, then hang out at the gallery for 4th Friday. Stop on in if you’ve got the time, we’d love to see you!
Love the photo, Rich. At first I wasn’t liking the symmetry. Quite obviously, however, there are some cases where centering makes absolute sense. Here I see at least 3 concentric frames: the overhang and its shadow, the window opening and its wood casement, and the broken border of glass. Way cool!!!