So, what were the major events last week?
- Sunday the 5th: A visit in town with my family. They’d ridden for 8 days cross country. No car time for them that day!
- Monday: A trip to Sedona. Palatki and Honatki ruins sites. Amazing places, and a few amazing photos.
- Tuesday: Another day of rest. Time at the gallery.
- Wednesday: A trip to the Grand Canyon. All group members have now gotten one of those, “Some time in my life I want to see…..” check list items marked off. For a guy who doesn’t like heights my dad sure seemed to like the place.
- Thursday: Another gallery day and more restful day overall.
- Friday: A trip along Route 66 to Seligman, AZ. Did you know that there will be a Cars II movie?
- Saturday: The Verde Canyon Railway. My dad is a big train buff you know. Originally he wanted to try the Grand Canyon Railway. Sadira let us know that the Verde Canyon Rail was a much nicer and more scenic ride. She was right! What a great trip.
- Sunday the 12th: For me, a day spent entirely at the gallery. We’re ready to go. Fantastic! My family spent the day walking the town square checking things out at an art show. They got a couple souvenirs there!
There’s the wrap up on our week off together. I can safely say that I wore all of us out, even with a few days off from travel! I hope they’ve enjoyed seeing some of my favorite places here in my new home state. And just to let you know, I’m still glad to have landed in Arizona! I’m sure you figured that out already though!