This morning I was supposed to go out and shoot from the top of Glassford Hill with my friend Josh. Unfortunately a few circumstances came up….
- I worked until 11:15 p.m. last night. Got home and couldn’t fall right to sleep. SHOCKING!
- The “Regulators” had a little shin dig this morning and I’ve really been wanting to take a few photos.
- I called Josh this morning at 7:30 after waking up. We headed into town to check out the Regulators.
If you don’t know who the Regulators are I suggest you click the link above in the bulleted list. Pretty cool organization. My old neighbors Bill & Shari Hill are part of the group. Definitely beyond a historical society!
My thinking this morning was an old meets new. Maybe a little sepia work combined with the actual colors? I figured the worst that could happen was photos that I didn’t like. That happens all the time. Heck, many people love some of my shots that I absolutely hate. Go figure. 😉
After our photos at the museum Josh and I walked around town for a while. A few more photos were taken, then we headed our separate ways. Of course I came home and immediately started looking through the pictures. Then after a little looking I picked two that were sent over to PhotoShop.
The two shots here were processed in a similar way.
- Imported into Photoshop Lightroom 2.
- Opened in Photoshop CS3 in the RAW editor mode.
- Smart Object copies created and masks added.
- A black & white treatment with a Sepia style touch. Not a true sepia, I played with it.
- A quick select of the people, and then attack with the history brush.
- Imported back into Photoshop Lightroom 2.
- The vignettes added.
- A little extra fill light for the people.
- Dropping the exposure for the backgrounds.
That’s it. Quick work with the shots. There’s still more that I can and will do. Why did I post them so fast? Are you kidding, you don’t know?
I haven’t had super restful days in a while. In addition, I haven’t gotten to get out and take some fun pictures in a while either. Getting to play with shots right after taking them? Priceless! And playing with an idea that has been on my mind…….yeah, just too much to resist.
When I get the final versions of these done I’ll share them. 🙂