The first and most important update….. I’m upright and feeling a little better! Tomorrow I’ll be doing a follow up on root canal number two, and I’ll try to get a few answers. The oral surgery combined with Cipro seems to have done the job, and my jaw is starting to normalize. I’m not out tearing into a package of beef jerky (even though I’ve got some sitting here) and heavy chewing is still an “avoid” at the moment, but I am feeling better. Can’t wait to have some “solid” food!
There’s a good bit of gallery news to share, so let’s get right to it!
- Oct 18th is the 1 year anniversary of the Ian Russell Gallery’s move street side on W. Goodwin Street here in Prescott. It’s my personal 1 year anniversary of my first brick & mortar shop! For me, it’s a big milestone. The 18th is next Sunday, and I’ll be in for the afternoon. I’ll also be offering all currently hanging canvas for 40% off. This is a one day event, and I won’t be repeating 40% off for the next year, I promise you. Keep in mind, that’s hanging stock only. Any custom prints are full price. I’m trying to free up some wall space for new pieces.
- Allison Smith has completed a few new pieces that I’ll be reproducing this week. Once her new images are scanned in I’ll be sure to pop the images up here so you can have a look.
- Fil Kewanyama came in yesterday to print an 18×24 rendition of his “Cubisim” digital artwork. I don’t have the image with me this morning, but I’ll make a point to pop it up this week as well. Fil’s work can be seen at Mountain Artist’s Guild here in Prescott.
- On a personal note, I’ve finished my sorting from the recent Coyote Buttes and White Pocket Trip. I’ve picked 5 new pieces that will end up on canvas in the coming weeks. I invite you to stop by and check them out for yourself. 3 have been printed so far, and with time this week I’ll get the other 2 up.
This month’s Cottonwood Canyon Road trip might be put on the backburner. I know, bummer. But I want to make sure the root canal / infection is all cleaned up before I get too far from home. If possible maybe I’ll take a few days at the end of the month. We’ll see.
I’ve got a special trip planned for mid-November, just after my birthday. Another South Coyote Buttes and White Pocket trip. This time I’ll be camping in the areas so I expect more spectacular sunset and sunrise pictures. Now that I’ve got a handle on the area I’m pretty sure I know where I want to shoot, and when.
Other random stuff
The off-roading list is complete. Here’s what has to happen in the Titan over the next few months.
- Re-install my FT-8500 in the Titan. That’s a Yaesu Ham radio for those of you who don’t know. I need to find a decent radio installer to help me figure out the mounting. There isn’t much room by my eye, but I think a professional might have some suggestions. Anybody know a good radio installer here in Prescott? If so, drop me a note!
- Purchase a Power Tank system like Ken’s. I was extremely impressed with the functionality of the Power Tank, and it would save me space by allowing me to leave the generator & air compressor.
- Addition of a bed slider. You know, then I can slide everything out in the lower area of the pickup bed. Better gear management.
- Installation of an actual “bed” (sleeping) area above the bed liner slider. This will most likely be a project for next year. It would be nice to sleep in the pickup cap area for sure!
Well, I had other things in mind, but I’m slowing down here this morning. Laundry, Airstream cleaning, etc. 🙂 Guess I’ll get ready to head off to a movie!