It’s been a while since I’ve updated the latest happenings here at the Airstream Chronicles. So, here’s what’s going on.
- 8 days away from the next trip up to the Coyote Buttes and Yellow Rock. Oh, and this time I will find Yellow Rock
- Topaz has put out a new little toy called Fusion. Big thanks to Jeff Revell over at PhotoWalk Pro for pointing this one out. It’s a new plugin for Lightroom and Aperture. What does it do? Well, it allows you to access your Topaz filters from Lightroom or Aperture. I played with it a little yesterday, and I might pop a short podcast up about it soon. Just to give you a look from my perspective. Jeff has a video on it as well, so check it out if you like!
- Friday, the 25th of September is the latest 4th Friday Artwalk here in Prescott. The Ian Russell Gallery will be doing a “soft” one year anniversary celebration. What does that mean? Well, we officially moved and opened on the 18th of October. So that’s really the one year anniversary. Also, I won’t be there for the Artwalk. I’ll be camping somewhere near Coyote Buttes South. You know, gathering new images for the gallery and such.
- Beware of funky pickles! You heard me. I haven’t given the whole story from my recent trip. I became extremely sick early on, ruining a good bit of my time scouting. What happened? Boca Burger, Lays Chips, and some Vlasic Pickles. A new jar that I had purchased days before. Had my lunch, a few pickles…..then I pulled out a really nasty funky pickle. Yellow, brown, and black dots all over it. Didn’t eat it, I’m smarter than that. Then I found a few more pickles in the jar with the same general look. I tossed the jar. But I’d already eaten a few pickles before finding the funky pickles. Two hours later I was sick. I mean really sick. Severe stomach pain, fever, sweats, the works. That lasted a few days. Saw the doctor yesterday and I’ve got a prescription for Cipro. If I start feeling funky again I’ll take the Cipro.
- Web work galore! I’ve got a few new web clients. Almost at my cutoff point for how many web clients I’ll deal with. But I keep getting referrals and frankly I do like getting paid. So this weekend will find me working away on several sites.
- In the gallery all weekend. Ian’s heading out of town, Kassi is out of town, so looks like I’ll be manning the gallery solo this weekend. Ah well, it happens. 🙂 Stop on by if you’re in the area!
- New Podcast and Feed subscription buttons are up on the main blog page. Want to subscribe to the podcast? There’s a button for that. Want to subscribe to the feed through Feedburner? There’s a button for that too. Enjoy!
There’s the wrap up for the morning. Later today I might post a quick video on Topaz Fusion, so check back by. I’ve already gotten a few insights on the plugin that I’d like to share.
If you still have the pickle jar, write to Vlasic and report the stock#, date of production, and your food poisoning experience, which could initiate a product recall. For documentation and protection of the public, please report this to the Food and Drug Administrations and your County health department.
Be well, Larry