Feast or famine. Sometimes that’s the definition of small business. And during the holidays it’s very true. Right now we’re in feast and I’m racing to keep up with client orders. That’s why the blog has been quiet.
So, what have my days been like?
- Arrive at gallery between 7 – 7:30 a.m.
- Photograph paintings and work on color matches throughout the day.
- At 10:00 a.m. opening time start dealing with clients coming in for pickups or questions.
- Continue color matching.
- Print canvas painting reproductions.
- Meet with Portrait clients to review their images, print, and give them a disk of favorite images.
- Continue printing.
- Field folks who have last minute rush orders.
- Veneering at the end of the day.
- Print more……..
Two weeks straight now. I try to not be in the gallery one day a week at the moment. You know, a day of rest and all. Also, the weekend photo shoots have dominated a lot of time. Editing and selecting after the shoot takes a little time too!
Oh, and not complaining. I’ll take being busy any day. Busy means revenue. Slow means no revenue and scary times!
So, there’s where I’ve been and why the blog has been quieter. After Christmas I’m sure we’ll get back to more regular posts. 🙂