There’s a lot of news to cover today. Mostly it’s about RL Charpentier Photography, the gallery, and some fun little upcoming events!
- The Vulture Mine and HDR Workshops: Well, it’s finally here and official. R.L. Charpentier Photography, LLC is offering our first group workshop here in Arizona. What’s it all about? Day one involves shooting on location at the Vulture Mine, outside of Wickenburg, Arizona. The class is limited to 5 students, so there will be plenty of one on one instruction time during the 6 hour session. Day Two of the workshop takes place in historic Prescott Arizona. For the full details click here and sign up! The workshops will take place March 6th and 7th, and should be a lot of fun
- Upcoming Workshops: The Vulture / HDR workshops are the beginning for this year. Each workshop will be kept to small groups with a maximum attendance of 5 participants. Check in regularly, as I will be announcing the events. Given the small class size, if you want to get in on it you’d better be quick! What’s in the hopper for this year? One or two White Pocket 3 day workshops, one or two along Cottonwood Canyon Road (the Grand Staircase Escalante), a few sessions at Vulture, and two surprise locations that I’m not going to give away yet.
- Canon Blogger’s Latest Interview: Well, I didn’t tank Jason’s ratings on my last interview with CannonBlogger, so I got invited back. This time around it was a free flow interview, so it was pretty unique. We covered IPads, printing HDR, printing and screen calibration, and other random stuff! It was a fun interview, and part one of two. The second interview will cover selling your photography, gallery work, and what we do here at the Ian Russell Gallery.
- Rob Jamason’s Upcoming Showing in Sedona: Rob is taking off with his work. Magazine shoots, racing all over the West Coast, and an opening at the Goldstein Gallery in Sedona this Friday. Way to go Rob!!!
- One on One Classes in full swing: Looking to improve your photographic skills? Well, the one on one classes have already taken off. If you’re looking for some time with me (Rich) on Digital SLR Basics, HDR, Intro and Advanced Photoshop, get in touch sooner rather than later. Mondays are already booking up, and as the Workshop schedule gets going this year weekends will be disappearing fast! Drop a comment, or feel free to contact me directly for further information!
- Expertise From Rich? Really? Well, the other week I received a call from one of my favorite vendors. Seems a client was having an issue with a calibration, and the first person to get the call was me. Guess the reputation here is building, and that’s great. Was I able to help their client? Yes! The issue they were having was one I experienced before, and it’s total user error. We all learn a great deal from our mistakes, don’t we? 🙂
- A special photo shoot: I’ve been asked to do a unique commission piece this month. The weekend of February 28th is now booked due to this shoot. If it all works out though it could be a good deal of publicity for RL Charpentier Photography, so keep your fingers crossed for me!
Well, there’s all the updates fit to print. I will be picking up on my wireless flash experimentation later this week. The gallery / print shop has been busy today, so it took me a while to finally get something up here.